Gov. Brian Kemp previously extended Georgia’s public health emergency order until June 12, but is slowly peeling back restrictions on public conduct as the state reopens.
The extended order encourages residents to continue social distancing with a six-foot distance between themselves and others and mask usage, although masks are not a requirement in most places.
Capacities for reopening clothing stores and department stores vary depending on the store’s size. According to Fox 5 Atlanta, “the state has laid out that 50 percent of the fire capacity will be allowed inside at one time,” as well as “that’s about 8 patrons per 1,000 square feet.”
Here is a list of clothing stores that The Baldwin Bulletin can confirm have reopened, as of press time earlier this week:
• Beall’s Outlet - capacity of 75, but an employee said that they “haven’t had more than 20 at the absolute most”
• Belk - capacity of 249, according to sign on the storefront
• Cato - couldn’t confirm capacity as of press time
• Citi Trends - capacity of 40, according to an employee
• French Vill’Edge - couldn’t confirm capacity as of press time, although the downtown store reopened on May 7, according to a Facebook post
• Five Below - no strict capacity and customers are no longer required to wear masks
• Hibbett Sports - capacity of 10, including employees
• It’s Fashion - capacity of 30, “but we don’t get that many people in at one time,” an employee said
• Rack Room Shoes - capacity of 48, according to signs on the store’s windows
• Roses Express - capacity of 48
• Shoe Department - capacity of 10
• Sports Additions - capacity of 10, including employees
• T.J. Maxx - Capacity of 110, according to an employee
• The Salvation Army - Capacity of five, according to Facebook.
• Southern Roots - Couldn’t confirm capacity as of press time, although the store reopened May 7
The following stores, meanwhile, remain temporarily closed:
• Ross Dress for Less
• The 42nd Floor
• Frances Fabrics & Formal Wear
Also, other clothing stores in the area may or may not have reopened. The stores listed above are the ones that could be substantiated, as of press time earlier this week.